This loaf is dairy free and low sugar, low fat, low gluten and high in taste!
I was inspired to cook it when my colleague bought in some organic apples from his farm.
2 apples, peeled and diced (or grated)
1 cup dates, sliced
2 cups oats
1 cup self raising flour
1/2 cup gluten free flour
2 teaspoons baking powder
2 teaspoons cinnamon
1 1/2 cups soy milk
1/4 cup maple syrup
- Pre heat oven to 160 degrees.
- Combine apples, dates and oats in a large bowl.
- Sift flours, baking powder and cinnamon into the apple bowl.
- In a jug, lightly whisk milk, maple syrup and eggs.
- Pour liquid mix into the bowl and stir until combined.
- Spoon into a loaf tin, and bake for about 40 minutes.
- Allow to cool then cut into slices - butter optional.